What information does 100000fans collect?
When you visit 100000fans.com, we collect some basic information that does not identify individual users. This includes which pages are visited and any feedback from our visitors. We then aggregate this information with other pieces of information to improve our site and make your experience on the site as valuable and efficient as possible.
When you register with 100000fans, we collect personal information such as name, age, address, phone and email in order to set up your account. In addition to the information we collect upon your initial registration with 100000fans, we may ask you for personal information at other times, including, but not limited to, when you enter promotions or contests, and when you respond to a survey. Upon cancelling your 100000fans account, you have the right to request deletion of your account information, subject to our need to keep appropriate archives for our business operations.
What do we do with the information we collect?
- It is used to set up and maintain your 100000fans account and to fulfill any orders.
- We provide you with information about any order (such as whether your order has been received or processed). We save the information about products you purchased to provide you with the best possible customer service and the most up-to-date information about your order.
- If you provide it, your phone number may be used in the event that our customer service representatives need to contact you and cannot reach you by email. If you provide your mobile phone information, we may use such information to communicate with you regarding 100000fans by SMS, MMS, text message or other electronic means to a mobile device.
- Credit card information is used to bill you for services and products you have ordered and to track subscriptions and sales.
- Your email address and other personal information will never be sold to any other website owner or merchant. We hate junk mail as much as you. This is why we will only send you emails about items that we feel you should know about. This includes special promotional items that 100000fans endorses, membership changes, terms and conditions changes, Holiday cards, and the latest happenings on 100000fans.com. When we send emails that include a link to the 100000fans site, that link may contain an alphanumeric identifier that allows us to identify the person to whom we sent the message so that we can personalize our content for that individual.
Users who no longer wish to receive our email updates or other notifications may opt-out of receiving these communications by following the instructions contained in the applicable email or by logging-in and changing their account settings.
Credit Card Processing
Credit card transactions are handled by a third-party processor that receives credit card numbers and other personally identifying information only to verify credit card accounts and process transactions. Credit card security is an important aspect of the online experience. We use encryption technology to keep your credit card information safe. To ensure that your information is even more secure, once we receive your credit card information, it is stored on a server that isn’t accessible from the Internet.
With whom do we share your information and for what purpose
100000fans does not sell, rent, or trade any personally identifying information with others. However, when one or more of our business partners co-sponsor a service, promotion and/or contest, we may share some or all of the information collected in connection with such service, promotion or contest with the co-sponsor(s). If we intend to share such information, you will be notified prior to the collection of that information. If you do not want your information to be shared, you will be able to choose not to allow the transfer by not using or signing up for that particular service, promotion or contest.
What information do parties other than 100000fans collect?
What are “cookies” and how do we use them
Our site may use “cookies” to speed navigation, keep track of items, and provide you with custom-tailored services. We also use “cookies” to remember information you gave us so you don’t have to re-enter it each time you visit the site. By showing us how and when visitors use the site, “cookies” help us see which site areas and content are popular and which are not. We also collect IP addresses for system administration and to report aggregate information to any sponsors. Some advertisers or websites that have links on our site may also use their own “cookies.” Most browsers are initially set to accept “cookies.” If you’d prefer, you can set yours to refuse “cookies.” You will not be able to use some of our service if you turn off the “cookies” option.
100000fans member accounts are secured by member-created passwords. In addition, we use reasonable measures to protect member information that is stored within our database, and we restrict access to member information to those employees who need access to perform their job functions, such as our customer service personnel and technical staff. However, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of member account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of our member information at any time.